Senior Data Visualization Lead
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
DURATION: 12 MONTHS+
- Responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights from the results of the analyses. Individual in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- Good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration.
- Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members,
- This includes ensuring that the QlikView and Business Objects server process continues to run and operate efficiently
- Perform QlikView and Business Objects system administration and testing of releases and patches
- Design, develop, and test QlikView and Business Objects scripts to import data from source systems and test dashboards to meet customer requirements
- Bachelor's or Masters/MBA in a field such as Math, Business, Computer Science or Data Architecture
- 7+ years hands-on development experience in BI semantic modeling & OLAP technologies. (Mandatory)
- Must have experience in these data visualization tools: QlikView and SAP Business Objects - Tableau will be an added plus.
- 7+ years of experience working on SAP Business Objects with minimum 4 years on Business Objects 4.0 and above in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
- 7+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining Business Objects Universes, reports, and dashboards.
- Strong experience in administering BI platforms both Business Objects, QlikView and Tableau.
- 5+ years of experience in developing dashboards and reports in Relational and Multidimensional modeling
- Deep understanding of data warehousing including Star Schema modeling. Expert in writing SQL queries and PL/SQL against Oracle and SQL databases
- Design, create and tune physical database objects (tables, views, indexes) to support logical and dimensional models; Maintain the referential integrity of the database
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, organizational and workload management, interpersonal and team building skills are required.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical data analysis results to business people and business processes, challenges and issues to technical people Experience in data extraction, data manipulation, analysis and reporting required. Microsoft Office experience required
- Proven ability to interpret stakeholder needs into technical solutions; not just implementing what the stakeholder asks for, but what they actually need.
- At least 3 years of financial industry background is mandatory
140,379 - 171,235 /yearWhat is this?
Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist