Mortgage Loan Officer- Portsmouth New Hampshire
FUNCTION: Working under the directives and goals set forth by the Mortgage Development Manager, each MLO is responsible for the production of mortgage originations within assigned geography. Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
New Residential Mortgage Originations:
- Meets assigned mortgage origination sales quotas.
- Develops, maintains and leverages referral source network for mortgage sales that includes, but is not limited to, realtors, builders, financial advisors, CPAs, lawyers and community leaders.
- Participates in outside sales calls which include business development calls to real estate agents, contractors, developers, COI contacts, settlement agents (attorney firms), participation in CEU classes, participation in R/E agency staff meetings, attending closings and attendance at R/E monthly Board Meetings. It is anticipated that the direct and indirect sales activities will account for more than 50% of the MDO’s work time.
- Business sales calls generally require research, proposal preparation; follow up calls to confirm data, face to face meetings with clients to describe products, obtain financial data, and complete applications, problem resolution, construction contract review, meetings with representatives from OnTarget (inspection service for construction projects) file documentation to support underwriting conditions and ongoing communications with customers.
- With the Region Mortgage Development Manager, executes sales and marketing campaigns to increase deal flow and establish Bangor Savings Bank as “The Preferred Lender” within the assigned market. The focus of business calling efforts is to grow the BSB Brand by developing new mortgage sales leads and sales, referral sources, direct customer contact and enhancing BSB’s level of mortgage sales service to business customers and business partners.
- Ensures timely delivery of pre-qualification, pre-application and residential mortgage applications.
- Maintains/increases working knowledge of products.
- Serves as the Senior Residential Mortgage Originator for Branch network with assigned territory.
- Services referrals from internal business partners to maximize the customer experience
- Coordinates activities with Branch partners as appropriate.
- Identifies prospects / customers for cross sales opportunities and refer to business partners accordingly.
- Maintains strong and effective working relationships with internal Loan Operations and Retail personnel.
- Attends closings outside of Bank for purchase mortgages and other types as needed.
Administration / Other:
- Maintains a current working knowledge of secondary market requirements, Maine Housing Authority/VA/FHA guidelines and other applicable program procedures and regulations.
- Conducts business in absolute conformance with local, state, and federal regulations and procedures.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College, Business or Banking professional training helpful.
- Three years or more of banking or credit related experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy.
- Ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong communications skills, oral, and written required.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- Frequent travel in designated market area with own vehicle.
- Current driver’s license required.
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.
Please note, as an internal applicant you will be receiving the same thank you/confirmation email as external applicants because of an inability to customize based on applicant type.