|Title||Mortgage Loan Originator Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Description||GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION|
The mortgage loan originator assistants answers the phone, prepare files for processing and closing. They order appraisal, title work, and credit supplements. Prepare marketing material, thank you notes and gifts for closing. Help facilitate the application process for prequals, pull credit, gather approval conditions and resubmit to processing and closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Answer phone calls, manage calendar for MLO and appts/schedule closing appts. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
2. Preparing files for processing and closing-submission and resubmission. This duty is performed daily, about 20% of the time.
3. Ordering appraisals, title work, and credit supplements. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Preparing withdrawals & denials. This duty is performed weekly, about 5% of the time.
5. Marketing material, thank you notes and gifts for closing. This duty is performed weekly, about 10% of the time.
6. Ordering TRV's, SSN verification. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
7. Maintain closed loan files. This duty is performed monthly, about 10% of the time.
8. Obtain conditions/documents from clients (or other sources) for loan processing/approval. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
9. Complete required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned. This duty is performed annually, about 5% of the time.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
|Requirements||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, notes, letters and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few known variables in situations of a routine nature.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Periodically exposed to such elements as noise, intermittent standing, walking, occasionally pushing, carrying, or lifting; but none are present to the extent of being disagreeable.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, talk or hear; frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.