German American Bancorp and its family of financial services companies employ talented, compassionate people throughout the organization, truly making German American special. Delivering genuine, customized, personal service with a focus on truly serving customers and communities well, our employees bring the Shield of Excellence commitment to life with each and every interaction.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The ideal candidate will have the ability to make sound credit decisions and work with multiple mortgage programs while maintaining a positive, customer-focused attitude. Responsibilities include developing loan opportunities, attracting borrowers, maintaining the mortgage portfolio, and developing complete financial relationships with customers.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and investigate loan opportunities, attract borrowers and increase loan portfolio.
- Interview loan applicants, collect and analyze financial data to determine creditworthiness of the prospect.
- Be familiar with loan processing and basic loan documentation requirements.
- Be familiar with underwriting requirements.
- Be familiar with full line of company's products for the purpose of growing and maintaining full financial relationships with clients.
- Prepare and maintain various reports required by management
- Protect the Company's assets through Security policies.
- Acquires and retains knowledge in all applicable lending regulatory requirements as well as the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) regulations. Responsible for adhering to compliance laws, regulations, and established Bank policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Display proficiency with various PC applications.
- Display the ability to work with the Loan Operations area in underwriting new mortgage loans.
- Make outside sales calls to realtors & other networking referral partners on a regular basis to develop referral leads.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years lending or retail experience.
This position will be located at:
Bloomington South College
Indy Star. Category:Finance, Keywords:Loan Officer, Location:Bloomington, IN-47405