Allied Mortgage Group is a regional mortgage banker based in Bala Cynwyd, Pa. Our forward-thinking team is committed to helping our clients obtain real estate financing tailored to their personal needs and goals.
We have built a reputation based upon exceptional customer service, responsible lending practices, a solid infrastructure and a team of experts comprised of the very best talent in the industry. We offer our employees a competitive health benefits plan, tools to build a strong career, extensive and ongoing training, an entrepreneurial environment, and opportunities for career growth.
The Retail Branch Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing loan applications in compliance with mortgage lending and applicable investor guidelines for a variety of loan of products including (but not limited to) Conventional purchase, refinance, FHA, VA, and USDA transactions. Additionally, this position may also periodically process specialty products such as 203k, Homestyle, State Bond, and Down Payment Assistance loans. (Training for Specialty Products will be provided if applicable)
This position is responsible for performing duties such as analyzing the loan applications, assessing creditworthiness and the likelihood that a loan applicant will be able to repay the debt, analyzing the AUS /Guidelines as it pertains to the loan product and sales structure; review title commitments and fees, allocate fees properly in the LOS. The Loan Processor is responsible for monitoring the loan process and managing the proper expectations with the client, third parties and the sales staff through closing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets required standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Utilize technology to manage & analyze loan pipelines
- Send disclosure documents within appropriate timeframes.
- Verify and compile accurate information to be submitted to the underwriting department.
- Prepare commitment letter and provide letter to the appropriate party for sign-off prior to or on due date.
- Review supporting documentation for completeness and consistency with the information indicated on the loan application. Input missing or modified information into the company’s loan origination system. Communicate discrepancies with information and documentation requirements with loan officer.
- Identify due dates to ensure loan is complete and ready for closing.
- Call for and review sales contracts as well as any required addendums, if applicable. Call specified companies to request and obtain title, insurance and verifications needed for approval.
- Inform supervisor of any appropriate escalations as needed.
- Update fees and prepares loan for Initial CD issuance within required TRID timeframes.
- Order and obtain appraisal, fraud reports, flood zone certifications in a timely manner.
- Submit approved mortgage loan file to the Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Requires good analytical and math skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and outstanding computer skills
- Requires the ability to learn new product guidelines, new processes, and to become a Subject Matter Expert capable of guiding others
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional loans
- Current Mortgage Full Doc Loan Processing knowledge
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to function in an everchanging team environment & demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to solve problems
- MS Outlook, MS Excel, & MS Word proficient
- Excellent customer service skills with strong attention to detail and communication
Allied Mortgage Group, Inc. benefits plan is a comprehensive program that provides a wide range of benefits designed to meet your health care needs as well as offer financial security to you and your family in the future. Some of the benefits offered at Allied are medical, prescription, dental, and 401k plans.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mortgage Loan Processing: 3+ years
- Experience working within Encompass LOS considered a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
salary plus a monthly bonus