Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for processing loans from set-up to closing by verifying, compiling and entering borrower information in to loan processing systems.
- Reviews loan application files to verify that all data is complete and meets standards, including the loan type and purpose, borrower assets, liabilities, and employment.
- Verify and analyze loan documentation including income, credit, appraisal, and title, while maintaining strict compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Interact with Mortgage Professionals to obtain information from the borrower or to seek clarification about documents in the loan file.
- Informs the Processing Manager of discrepancies in the file and obtains direction on how to proceed, as applicable.
- Record data to track the status of loans in processing.
- Submit loan application files to underwriting for approval, and creates and mails approval or denial letters to applicants.
- Submit approved mortgage loan files to closing for settlement.
- Responsible for handling non-public information (NPI) about borrowers.
- Adhere to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protect the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Performs administrative duties such as faxing, photocopying, filing and phone support, as required, by Loan Processor II and Processing Managers.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service position. Prior experience involving multi-tasking and detail-oriented responsibilities.
- Previous experience with mortgage loan processing preferred.
10,000 - 20,000 /month