This position supports the Mortgage Loan Originators and provides excellent customer service to our bank customers. This job requires high levels of detail, accuracy, and efficiency while managing multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Verifies the following are ordered on each file as applicable: title work, appraisal, flood certification, verification of deposit, verification of employments, tax transcripts, MI, verification of social security number and home owners insurance etc......
- Support Loan Officers through process from pre-approval to closing.
- Assist borrowers throughout the process of their loan, including answering questions and educating them on program guidelines as needed.
- Serve as a contact person between originator, borrower, real estate agents, and title companies to ensure a timely closing.
- Collect and evaluate all documentation required for applicable program type including Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and various DPA’s including MHFA. Ensure the quality and completeness of information and follow up with clients as needed.
- Evaluate completed files for conformity to investor standards prior to submitting to underwriting.
- Reviews all documents for all Regulations including: MDIA, TILA, HOEPA, HMDA, etc...
- Review approvals from underwriting, guarantee that all loans are complete and accurate before closing and that all conditions have been met
- Prepares files for submission to the closing department, including gathering all closing conditions and completing all required closing forms
- Review and approve final HUD for accuracy prior to closing.
- Keeps Mortgage Operations Manager informed of matters of importance that are necessary to manage the department effectively.
- Performs other duties as requested by requested by the Mortgage Operations Manager
- Demonstrates by example the desired standards of conduct and work performance
- Completion of all required Compliance and BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) training and comply with all regulations applicable within the scope of this position.