Under general supervision, completes the full cycle of mortgage loan processing from receipt of loan application to final loan documentation process and preparation for funding.
Principal Accountabilities (95%):
- Provides excellent service to members (external and internal) by completing the loan process timely, efficiently and with minimal errors.
- Upon receipt of mortgage loan application from loan officer Processor is responsible for duties related to loan processing and closing. Includes identifying aspects of the transaction that may require additional special attention, drawing loan documents, arranging for funding, and ensuring that files are fully documented for underwriting and delivery on the secondary market.
- Inputs loan information into LOS (Loan Origination System) and FNMA D/U. Reviews and evaluates DU findings, credit reports, preliminary title reports, flood certifications, appraisals, and income and asset documentation prior to forwarding the file to underwriter for final approval. Orders 3rd party reports and validates information as required by the loan process.
- Pre-qualifies member to include discussing, rates, terms and/or financial options.
- Produces LE/CD within required time frames and according to regulations. Re-discloses loan when there is a change of circumstance.
- Issues the Pre-Approval, Conditional Letter of Approval or Incomplete Notice to the borrower within the established service level agreement.
- Understands and researches all Investor guidelines and is up to date in any and all program changes that affect the processing or originating of loans in the pipeline.
- Acts as Primary contact for borrower and realtor to follow-up on all underwriting and compliance related conditions.
- Opens title and escrow orders on loan. Reviews title report to ensure Credit Union will have a clear title to the property.
- Produces final closing documents and closing instructions for title/escrow. Coordinates signing of final closing documents to ensure timely funding and delivery to Investors.
- Completes loan locks with investors and communicates lock expiration date and requirements to member to ensure established rates and gains on loans sold to Investors are met.
- Maintains communication with manager and loan agents regarding the status of loans with issues or not moving through the pipeline in a timely manner.
Secondary Accountabilities (5%):
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with BSA requirements as commensurate with position.
Position Requirement and Qualifications:
Excellent member service skills to include both written and verbal communication. Must be accurate, detail-orientated and possess time-management, and organization. Must be dependable, self-motivated and require minimal supervision. Able to handle competing priorities.
Knowledge, Education, Certifications, Licenses:
Requires a strong working knowledge of mortgage loan terminology, documentation, lending policies, guidelines, and investor requirements. Must be proficient in FNMA D/U and major Loan Origination and Document Preparation system. NMLS registration/licensing required.
Five years of work experience as a Mortgage Loan processor in a financial institution or equivalent required.