The Loan Processor processes mortgage loan files and prepares them for underwriting approval.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Processes mortgage loan files and prepares them for underwriting approval.
2. Orders documents for title requirements and follows up with all requests through pipeline management; audits and verifies all loans for final transfer to underwriting.
3. Processes loans which include reviewing audit findings; completes and verifies all information entered into loan processing system; reviews asset, credit, and income reports.
4. Reviews submitted documents and determines if information is missing or if the file is incomplete; determines if information is missing, if the file was not submitted properly, if the rate was not properly locked, etc. before files go to Underwriting.
5. Stays current on legal and regulatory changes.
6. Manages service providers and vendors effectively; structures relationships with service providers in a strategic manner; sets expectations; develops performance metrics; measures vendor performance, provides feedback and holds accountable.
7. Other duties as required.