Mortgage Operations Manager
If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide a high level of service that makes each mortgage run smoothly, consider a career with Bell Bank’s mortgage team.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of the 10th largest privately owned bank in the nation. Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell’s mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Actively expanding, Bell Bank Mortgage has offices not only in the Midwest, but also in several other regions of the country.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune and has been named among America’s top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
This position manages the operations and the support staff as directed by management. This position will support management in strategic recruitment, retention and growth initiatives for the organization.
* Manage daily work of support staff. This includes but not limited to performance reviews, counseling, motivating, training and monitoring daily workflow to ensure compliance with all Bell policies/procedures and all Investor / Agency / Federal guidelines.
* Provide operational support (includes training) to existing and newly hired production and support staff. Work with staff in problem solving and recommend ways to help prevent issues.
* Process small pipeline of home mortgage loans as needed.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all agency/ investor / federal guidelines as well as Bell policies and procedures.
* Monitor, maintain and order supplies for the branch as needed.
* Authorize payments on invoices.
* Provide prompt and courteous customer service to all internal / external clients.
* Directly resolve or coordinate resolution of client related issues.
* Work to maintain 100% valued employee retention and maximum output and efficiencies with staff.
* Resolve “on hold” and “pend” issues as needed to ensure timely purchase of loan files.
* Report to senior management any issues with policies/procedures and make recommendations for change to improve efficiencies.
* Work with other department supervisors to ensure/maintain effective communication and resolve issues.
* Participate in various projects and feedback sessions to positively impact workflow, policies/procedures and system enhancements.
* Provide a positive work environment to invite staff participation and contribution to the development of a high level of service quality. This includes but is not limited to the ability to coach, mentor and raise level of talent throughout the branch.
Job Skills Required:
* Thorough understanding of all Agency/Investor/Federal Mortgage Banking guidelines.
* Background in all areas of Mortgage process (origination, processing, underwriting, closing, post-closing).
* Minimum of 2-3 years of supervisory experience in Mortgage Banking.
* Demonstrate ability to effectively manage/monitor the performance of others and provide effective feedback.
* Capacity to adapt to ever changing processes, requirements, guidelines and environment.
* Good communication skills to be able to effectively train and develop others.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to successfully manage many tasks and deadlines as well as willingness to set and enforce deadlines for others.
* Ability to work under pressure and maintain a high level of professionalism.
* Demonstrate a “can do” attitude.
* Attend all regulatory, industry and Bell required meetings and trainings.
* Good computer and typing skills.
* Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
* Ability to work well with people with diversified personalities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family | Atmosphere | Unequaled Personal Service | Pay It Forward