First Heritage Mortgage Services is seeking aRetail Operations Manager for its expanding mortgage company.This position is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the mortgage processing for the retail origination channel. Responsible for ensuring all investor guidelines are adhered to in processing, underwriting, closing, funding and quality control, as well as in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the mortgage processing for the retail origination channel.
- Manage, direct, and implement operation strategies and objectives including timeframe and productivity standards/metrics for processing, and underwriting turnaround times.
- Train and develop staff members to ensure achievement of all operational and revenue standards. Perform ongoing performance assessments with appropriate follow-up, on all direct reports.
- Ensure proper underwriting and processing standards are implemented in order to safeguard company assets and ensure conformity for investor standards. Stay abreast of trends in the mortgage banking and financial industries in order to effectively anticipate the markets and opportunities, enabling orderly reaction to industry/company expansion.
- Create a productive department through written and verbal communication. Review and approve communication relating to procedures and other information. Interpret, clarify, and ensure changes to process, policies and procedures are communicated and oversee execution and implementation.
- Manage and assist in coordinating efforts between support departments and sales within the organization. Partner with Production Sales and Operations to promote and achieve the highest level of customer service. Partner with Compliance, Risk Management and Quality Control to ensure alignment and achievement of risk profile and goals.
- Participate in the implementation of advanced technology to improve processing and underwriting while promoting on-time delivery to internal and external customers.
- Develop regular reporting designed to monitor pipeline reporting and analyze developing trends.
- Maintain compliance with state and federal lending regulations, implementing corrective action to address deficiencies as warranted.
- Review and implement operational procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- 8-10 years' experience in retail mortgage lending, including extensive processing and underwriting experience.
- 5 years' experience managing a team of processors, funders and underwriters.
- Working knowledge of retail lending workflows, including identification of exposure and risk factors.
- Current knowledge of RESPA and TRID regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Fannie/Freddie, FHA-VA and jumbo investor programs and guidelines.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, Desktop Underwriter, Loan Prospector.
- Working knowledge of BYTE LOS is preferred.
- Demonstrate high volume productivity.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and work efficiently under pressure.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary commensurate with experience and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, health benefits, 401(k) with a generous company match, and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible professional and environmentally friendly atmosphere for our employees.