Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Prosperity Bank is seeking to fill the position of MortgageOriginatorat our Oklahoma City, Expresswaybanking center.
The MortgageOriginator position is a fully dedicated consumer real estate loan originator/lender. The Mortgage Originator is responsible for receiving, reviewing, and evaluating consumer mortgage loan requests following a Fair Lending process. Discusses mortgage related facts with applicants concerning the ability to repay; explains bank credit policies; and to obtain financial documentation to underwrite the loan request. The Originator will be primarily responsible for generating and underwriting new loans for consumer mortgage loans. This position will close approved loans for the portfolio only or will close secondary market and portfolio loans. Assist in the marketing activities for the Bank through involvement in the community. The successful candidate will have an advanced knowledge and understanding of consumer and mortgage lending practices with three to five years of experience.
The essential functions and duties of the position are:
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional completion of assigned loan functions.
- Interviews, takes applications, and processes preliminary documentation on loan requests. Discusses loan alternatives, credit criteria, interest rates, and loan documentation in such a manner as to elicit positive responses from customers.
- Analyzes and evaluates loan requests and prepares written submission for consideration by approving authority. Identifies problems or potential problems with credit information and coordinates with the necessary party to resolve the problems.
- Completes lending functions in accordance with established Bank policies and legal requirements.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with customers and trade professionals.
- Answers questions and resolves requests.
- Meets with applicants whose loans are denied and explains reasons and alternatives.
- Maintains and projects the Bank's professional reputation.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Bank personnel and with management.
- Assists Mortgage Processor personnel and provides support as needed.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Completes required reports and records.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed regarding changes in lending standards and related legal requirements.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
Prosperity Bank is committed to providing our customers a personalized service experience, we're looking for people who are passionate about satisfying customers, will not settle for the average, embrace creativity and operate with a sense of purpose. If this is you, then we are looking forward to meeting you and are excited that you are interested in joining Prosperity Bank - where we are Simply Better!
Come join our team and explore the endless possibilities that a career in banking can provide!
A pre-employment credit check will be performed on all qualified applicants.
Prosperity Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and Member FDIC.
Excellent communication and public relations skills.
Financial analytical skills.
Solid interviewing skills.
Able to use related computer applications and business machines.
PC skills in Word and Excel.
High school diploma or equivalent, advance degree is preferred.
3 to 5 years of consumer and consumer mortgage lending experience.
Knowledge of Bank consumer mortgage lending policies, and procedures. Understanding of financial analysis and determination of credit worthiness. NMLS certified.
Additional financial and accounting education or experience would be a benefit as well.