If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide unequaled personal service to every customer, consider a career with Bell Bank Mortgage.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of the 10th largest privately owned bank in the nation. Founded in 1966 and headquartered in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in North Dakota, Minnesota and Arizona. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell’s mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Actively expanding, Bell Bank Mortgage has offices not only in the Midwest, but also in several other regions of the country.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune and has been named among America’s top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
At Bell, we set ourselves apart by making the mortgage process simple from start to finish.
Comments from Employees:
“Bell is the best company in the business, and we as sales people have great support.”
“Independent ownership, excellent culture and size/financial strength.”
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere.
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer.
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve.
Our Bottom Line:
Happy Employees! Happy Customers!
Under supervision and management of the assigned Loan Officer, this position will help grow and expand the business as well as process all mortgage loans assigned to that loan officer.
* Provide high level of assistance to internal and external customers in person and on the phone; assist and maintain contact with clients, realtors, builders and others to maintain and deepen relationships to foster new business opportunities.
* Review and analyze credit documents for accuracy and compliance with investor/ agency guides. Identify potential problems and discuss them with loan officer and/or supervisor.
* Send pre-approval letters and sales engine estimates to borrowers when needed.
* Review purchase agreement, convert file, order title work and appraisals.
* Disclose compliance documents and mail disclosures with needs list. Follow up with borrower via call/email to ensure timely return of documents.
* Request information as needed from customers, obtain credit reports, order appraisals, title binders, surveys and tax transcripts as well as mail verification of deposit, verification of employment, and verification of mortgage forms; and update loan files and tracking systems when forms are returned.
* Meet with borrower to gather documents.
* Serve as the contact for borrowers, sellers, and agents involved in loan file, notifying and working with them to resolve any problems that may arise.
* Reserve funds with Bond Authorities and down payment assistance programs.
* Submit the loan file directly to the underwriting department without prior review from supervisor.
* Provide calculation of borrower’s income according to investor/agency guides, including but not limited to borrowers with multiple sources of income.
* Follow and monitor the schedule of closing with title companies and commitment dates noted in purchase agreement.
* Review the HUD and communicate closing information to borrowers.
* Update Loan Officers with current file status weekly.
* Keep informed of the trends and developments in the general real estate industry as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to all 1st mortgage origination.
* Assist the Loan Officers with marketing their services and maintain customer data base of previous mortgage customer to increase volume.
Job Skills Required:
* Three or more years Mortgage Loan Processing or Loan Officer Assistant experience.
* Full understanding of FHA/VA, FNMA, FHLMC, FDIC Compliance, ATR/QM, mortgage audit underwriting, appraisal and investor guidelines.
* Proficient computer and accurate typing skills.
* Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
* Ability to work extremely well with internal and external customers using excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Detail oriented with the ability to put puzzle pieces together.
* Ability to work well with people with diversified personalities.
Bell Bank Mortgage provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Bell Bank Mortgage
Equal Opportunity Employer
Mortgage Loan Officer