If you like to work with people in a family atmosphere, enjoy great benefits and provide a high level of service that makes each mortgage run smoothly, consider a career with Bell Bank’s mortgage team.
Bell Bank Mortgage is backed by the financial strength of one of the nation’s largest independently owned banks. Founded in 1966 in Fargo, North Dakota, Bell Bank has more than $6 billion in assets and full-service banking locations in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota. Bell has empowered more than $14 million in charitable giving through its unique Pay It Forward initiative, through which every employee chooses each year how to help individuals, families and organizations in need.
Originally founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis civic leader David C. Bell, Bell’s mortgage division today has thousands of family mortgages to its name. Bell Bank Mortgage has also been in Arizona since 1997 and is actively expanding, most recently opening locations in Missouri, Florida and several other regional offices.
Bell Bank has been recognized as a top bank and a top financial workplace by American Banker, Forbes and Fortune, and has been named among America’s top mortgage employers by National Mortgage Professional magazine.
If you want to work for a strong, growing, forward-looking organization with world-class employees, this is the place for you.
Bell’s Core Values:
As stewards, dedicated to the growth and reputation of this independently owned organization, we are committed to:
* Promoting and sustaining our family atmosphere
* Providing unequaled personal service to each and every customer
* “Paying it forward” by giving back to the communities we serve
Our “Bottom Line” Mission:
Happy employees! Happy customers!
This position processes all mortgage loans assigned from the loan officers or supervisors by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
* Review all new loan applications within 72 hours of receipt of file to ensure compliance with all investor agency/federal compliance guidelines.
* Update loan files, the mortgage computer system, and the tracking system as information is received; prepare final loan package for closing and final approval.
* Determine information needed from customers to successfully process the loan, obtain credit reports, order appraisals, title binders, surveys and tax transcripts; mail verification of deposit, verification of employment, and verification of mortgage forms, and update loan files and tracking systems when forms are returned.
* Review and analyze credit documents for accuracy and compliance with investor/ agency guides. Identify potential problems and discusses them with loan officer and/or supervisor.
* Serve as the contact for borrowers, sellers, and agents involved in loan file, notifying and working with them to resolve any problems that may arise.
* Submit the loan file directly to the underwriting department without prior review from supervisor. If necessary prepare cover letter highlighting compensating factors. Follow up on all outstanding underwriting conditions and resubmit as needed.
* Provide calculation of borrower’s income according to investor/agency guides, including but not limited to borrowers with multiple sources of income.
* Follow and monitor the schedule of closing with title companies.
* Prepare loan file for closing, hazard insurance binder, H06 for condominiums and PUDs, complete TRID checklist.
* Final HUD review.
* Remain informed of all aspects of investor/agency/compliance policies that affect the processing of mortgage loans.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
* Three to five years of Mortgage Loan Processing experience required.
* Full understanding of FHA/VA, FNMA, FHLMC, FDIC Compliance, ATR/QM, mortgage audit underwriting, appraisal and investor guidelines.
* Proficient computer and accurate typing skills.
* Ability to function efficiently and effectively under deadlines and stress while maintaining a professional and mature profile.
* Ability to manage time, prioritize and multi-task.
* Ability to work extremely well with internal and external customers using excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Detail oriented with the ability to put puzzle pieces together.
* Ability to work well with people with diversified personalities.
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Self-motivated to research and problem solve.
Bell Bank provides competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Family | Atmosphere | Unequaled Personal Service | Pay It Forward
Loan Processor (General)