Are you ready for an exciting new, fast paced work opportunity with a great company?
Fremont Bank is seeking to hire individuals who want to become Mortgage Loan Processors and Mortgage Underwriters! That’s right, Fremont Bank will train you in this high demand skill set!
Fremont Bank offers a very attractive employment package that includes:
- Various Recognition Programs including Monetary Spot Bonuses!
- Variable compensation in addition to base pay
- Up to $5000 Tuition Reimbursement for continued education!
- Associate referral bonuses that pay up to $5000 for key positions
- 10 Paid Bank Holidays!
- Paid Vacation!
- Paid Sick Time!
- An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) = Retirement Money!!
- 401K Plan with an employer match!
READY TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY? KEEP READING!!
Fremont Bank founded in 1964, is one of the oldest independently owned banks in the Bay Area and is one of the top rated mid-tier banks in the nation. Voted a Top Workplace for 2019 and for the past nine consecutive years, Fremont Bank as an immediate opening for a Mortgage Retail Underwriter I in Livermore, CA.
The Mortgage Retail Underwriter I (GSE Underwriting), you will be trained to pre-underwrite residential loans ensuring compliance with investor, regulatory and Bank policies and procedures.
Mortgage Retail Underwriter I Training Program
Each Mortgage Retail Underwriter I Trainee will have to complete the following training during the first year of underwriting:
- Subject Matter Expert Training - Empower (LOS), Workflow, Policies and Procedures, SOP, Credit Policy, etc.
- PMI Training - Salaried and Self-Employed
- Webinars (training events and on-line tutorial study) from Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
- Classroom training if provided by FHLMC or FNMA
- Investor Underwriting Guides
- Credit Report Vendor - Credit Reports
- Title Company Vendor - Prelim and Title
- Quality Control - Pre-funding and Post Closing review and understanding
- QC Resolution Training - Identify material and moderate findings and the impact -Risk to the Bank
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyzing and understanding Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
- Understanding a preliminary title report, vesting, liens of record
- Flood Certification review
- Red Flags/Fraud Training
- Product and Pricing review
- Working in a paperless environment
- Understand and navigate the Loan Origination System (LoanSphere)
- Understanding and applying Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Review of mortgage application, data integrity and completeness
- Analysis of credit report and applicant's credit worthiness
- Review of different types of assets
- Review and calculate different types of income
- Review of different collateral types (SFR, Condo, 1-4 unit, Manufactured Home)
- Ability to calculate ratios
- Add conditions to ensure salability of the loan
- Clearing all Prior to Docs conditions
- Disposition loans within acceptable Service Level Agreement
- Identify and report any suspected fraudulent activity including escalation to management
- Knowledgeable on Federal and State regulatory changes
- Pipeline Management
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Job Location: Livermore, CA
Ready to join the fun!! Apply NOW…Click link below