At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Marketing team is looking for a Motion Graphic Designer to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will create motion graphics for the marketing department of Red Hat, an enterprise open source software company. This is a great opportunity to work with a creative and fun team that is constantly thinking of new ways to share our unique culture and attract top talent.
- Work with a team of writers, creative directors and strategists to understand the marketing goals of Red Hat’s business teams
- Translate complex, technical I.T. concepts into storyboards and digital motion compositions and present them to business unit stakeholders
- Use 2D and 3D motion graphic techniques to illustrate the benefits of Red Hat’s offerings and services to different customer audiences
- Collaborate with other motion graphic artists and filmmakers to create marketing materials that blend animation and live-action video
- Integrate music, voice over, and sound design elements into animations
- Track and communicate project status through project management software and other communication channels
- Deliver finished animations in multiple formats for all of Red Hat’s marketing channels, including websites, social media, and live events
- Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in design, advertising design, advertising, or a related field and 5 years of experience in the job offered or a related role
- Prior experience must include 5 years of experience with Adobe creative software including After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and Photoshop; professional 3D software including 3D Studio Max, Maya, or Softimage; 3D render engines including Redshift or Unity; and incorporating video and 3D graphics through motion tracking
- Prior experience must include 3 years of experience with enterprise IT tech concepts including virtualization, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence (AI); and translating complex technical topics into clear illustrated storyboards
- Prior experience must include 2 years of experience with generative design using expressions or through programming; audio software including Audition, Ableton Live, or ProTools; and video sets capturing measurements including light readings and reflection mapping
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.