Looking for a career where the company's number one focus is customers, people and excellence? HI-Speed Industrial Service is just that company.
Looking for a company that offers a competitive benefit and compensation package? HI-Speed Industrial Service is just that company.
Since 1946, HI-Speed Industrial Service has been keeping facilities from the Gulf to the Midwest up to speed. There is no substitute for speed. Downtime is lost time. And as we all know, time is money. We strive to obtain employees that have the knowledge and experience to keep our customers facilities rolling. We install. We repair. We fix problems. We prevent problems. When customers do not know who to turn to, they turn to us. Our present and future is built upon having the most up-to-date processes and technology at our customers disposal.
HI-Speed is currently recruiting for a Motor Mechanic for the Millington, TN location. The Motor Mechanic is to repair various kinds of electromechanical equipment successfully, efficiently, and profitably.
Candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- Read job cards to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electromechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (AD or DC).
- Disassemble electromechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
- Clean electromechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washers, steamers, caustic tanks, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note proper replacement parts. Correctly requisition needed items from service center office, as approved by supervisor.
- Replace or repaid worn or defective mechanical or electromechanical assemblies, including but not limited to: bearings, brushed, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shield, etc.
- Retest reassembled electromechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection).
- Lift, tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
- Keep work area neat and clean as directed by supervisor.
- Assist other mechanics or other service center personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or service center manager.
- Performed other skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED (successful completion of a hands-on apprenticeship preferred)
- Valid Drivers License