Job Title: Move-In Coordinator
Position Summary: The Move-In Coordinator provides the essential function of ensuring that residents are welcomed to Waltonwood graciously and safely, in a timely manner. Reporting to the Executive Director, this role works with families, physicians, and pharmacies to ensure all residents needs are met, and that paperwork is accurately completed. They are the liaison between the sale and the resident moving into the community, and coordinate with department heads to see that the team is aware of the residents’ needs and concerns. This role requires great organization and attention to detail, providing our residents the best and most safe experience. The Move-In Coordinator ensures a seamless transition and warm welcome into the community.
Our Administrative Department is the backbone of the community, ensuring day to day operations are running smoothly and that our residents are happy and safe in their homes. They work closely with all departments in the community, advocate on behalf of the residents, and solve any problems that arise. In our department, staying upbeat and positive, exhibiting dedicated customer service and teamwork, and executing follow-through are critical to meeting the needs of our residents.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with family members, doctor's offices, and residents to align their needs with our staff, confirming that our department heads are prepared for the incoming resident's needs.
- See that all paperwork and forms are filled out accurately and on time, in order to properly schedule move in checkpoints.
- Meet with Maintenance frequently to see that the unit is ready for the resident, as well as create a calendar to outline what needs to be accomplished by the date of move in.
- Organize and maintain folders for residents in a neat and orderly system.
- Tour prospective residents and their families through Waltonwood.
- Guide the new residents to activities they will find enjoyable. Follow up with families after the resident has moved in, reassuring them that their family member is adjusting well.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents to connect them with other residents and activities which are enjoyable for them.
- Participates and assists with marketing events, maintains marketing collateral.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
At Waltonwood, we are all a part of a team who are here to serve the residents living in our communities. Our residents count on us every hour of every day. First and foremost, we expect our associates to have regular attendance; defined as being on time and present to all scheduled shifts, for the entire shift. Our associates need to value the importance of timeliness, punctuality, and dependability, and how the lack of these critical elements affects others in the workplace and the overall community operations. We expect all associates to be willing to lend a helping hand to co-workers, direct reports, and supervisors, whether it is one of their typical job responsibilities or not. This includes welcoming new associates and residents into the community, and making them feel at home. Associates need to keep the best interests of the residents and other associates in mind, and be an active participant in accomplishing team, community, and company goals.
- Customer Focused – Dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the customer by establishing and maintaining effective relationships as well as gaining trust and respect of customers.
- Organization – Has the ability to arrange and utilize resources effectively and efficiently to get work activities accomplished. Does not lose track of tasks or responsibilities, and can be counted on to always follow up.
- Empathetic and Compassionate – Genuinely cares about people, and is concerned with their well-being. Sympathetic to the plight of those less-fortunate. Has the ability to understand and feel what others are thinking/feeling.
- Detail Oriented – Pays attention to the smallest details in a situation, and truly cares about them. Understands the importance of all aspects of a given task, no matter how trivial they may seem. Values the importance of gathering all relevant information before making a decision.
- High School Diploma/ GED, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Customer service experience.
- Outgoing and personable demeanor, with an interest in Sales and Marketing.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push and pull.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
- Frequent standing and walking. Ability to stand frequently (or long periods of time).