Movie Software Engineer
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Seattle, Washington, United States
Our client has a state of the art game development platform, which powers some exciting AAA game titles. This engine is using these proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
As a member of this Audio and Movie team you will work with people that are passionate about developing the very best audio and movie tools and runtime technologies within the games industry. You will play a role in developing a broad range of features and capabilities that relate to video and movie, including encoding and decoding, compression, streaming, and more! You will work closely with game studios to tackle challenges across a broad range of genres and the results of your work will have a real impact on the final quality of games enjoyed by millions of players.
- Develop video solutions across multiple platforms
- Implement and support codecs and pipeline tools
- Lead new initiatives and developments including streaming media
- Design, implement, test and debug code throughout the engine
Required Skills and Experience
- High level of proficiency with C++
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing highly maintainable, structured and documented code
- Advanced software development skills such as an understanding of memory management, multi-core utilization, runtime profiling and optimization, cross-platform development, object-oriented design, etc.
- Experience with working in a collaborative team environment
- Dependable and committed to delivering tasks on schedule and to a high quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have experience desired:
- Experience with developing or maintaining a real time movie player, including:
- Industry standard movie containers such as MP4 and webm
- Industry standard video and audio codecs such as H.264, VP8, AAC and Vorbis
- Streaming and parsing of movie content from various sources
- Computer networking experience, especially HLS, MPEG-DASH or other movie streaming protocols
- Some rendering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in creating movie content through standard video tools such as FFMPEG
- Game industry experience, either with a central technology team or with a game studio
- Working knowledge of C#
Interested? Your next step is to fill out our application and we will contact you once we determine your background and experience is a good match.