The Mendocino Family of Companies (Mendocino Forest Products Company, Mendocino Redwood Company, Humboldt Redwood Company, and Allweather Wood), is a leading manufacturer and distributor of environmentally certified redwood, Douglas-fir, and preservative treated lumber products throughout California and the Western U.S. Our culture is based in environmental stewardship and community support. The company maintains Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC® C013133) certification for its forestlands, manufacturing, and distribution operations.
Mendocino Redwood Company (MRC) is looking for an experienced Heavy Equipment Operator to join our roads crew in Ukiah, CA. The primary focus is to maintain, repair and construct Company Logging Roads while adhering to all Company safety expectations and requirements. Grader Operater expereince is highly desired for this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operate equipment including Grader, dozers, backhoe, loader, grader, dump truck, excavator and other heavy equipment
- Perform routine daily maintenance on all trucks, trailers and heavy equipment, including fueling, servicing and minor mechanical repairs
- Complete DOT required daily inspections on all trucks and trailers and all DOT related paperwork
- Maintain roads, bridges, culverts, and water drainage ditches as required
- Construct roads, gates, culverts and bridges
- Analyze drainage, safety hazards, soil conditions, dangerous areas and work areas
- Prepare daily reports of equipment hours, inventory and fuel used, and DOT requirements
- Communicate with Mechanics for truck and equipment repairs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Required to possess or willing to obtain a Class "A" Driver’s License, current DOT physical examination card, and clean DMV record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb into and off of earth moving equipment numerous times daily.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb into and off of earth moving equipment numerous times daily
- The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration.
- The employee is required to work physically with tools such as shovels, axes, and other hand tools, as well as hand power tools related to forestry and construction activities.
The employee is also regularly required to sit when operating equipment.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and communicate.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of weight and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds of weight.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.,
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Work Place