As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity for an MRI Applications Scientist to join the Bruker BioSpin Pre-Clinical Imaging Division based in our Billerica, MA headquarters (remote until the office re-opens).This is a new opportunity for an Imaging Scientist with in-vivo imaging technology experience involving procedures working with small rodents, specifically with MRI technology.
Applications Scientists perform:
- instrument demonstrations,
- in house and on site customer and sales force training,
- in house and on site customer and sales force support,
- create protocols and optimizing methods.
- assist in the production of manuals, marketing materials and other documentation
- assist in trade shows and conferences
- maintain the instruments in the demo laboratory in peak performing condition.
Also performs or assists in training sessions, both in house and in customer laboratories. Training can include class room teaching and hands on instrument training,
Provide customer support which includes phone support, email support, applications hotline, and travel to customer laboratories for on-site support.
Perform and assist in the production of manuals marketing materials and other documentation.
Monthly reporting of activities, participating in internal training and users meeting to keep knowledge current, maintenance of MRI lab equipment, occasional field service of customer equipment, installation of equipment, training of customers, running demonstrations for potential customers, representing the company at conference and trade show exhibits, traveling for these activities including some international travel, submitting expense reports, assisting with marketing material preparation.
Perform other duties as required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in the following areas is a prerequisite for this position. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics, Molecular Biology, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering.
- At least 5 years' direct experience in a small animal imaging laboratory and/or in a company providing small animal imaging equipment. Experience withMRI imaging systems required.
- Excellent communications skills in oral and written English, must be able to write at an advanced scientific level. Knowledge of foreign languages helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written, computer, technical, and proposal communication and presentation skills, including fluent English, advanced MS Office Suite proficiency.Specific knowledge of the operating software for BioSpec MRI systems desirable.
- Proven strength in troubleshooting skills with customer-centric and scientific thinking and teaching skills required.
- Proven ability to educate new users aboutMRI imaging systems. Animal handling (rodents) experience for setting up in-vivo experiments is preferred.
- Ability to safely operate hand tools for the set up and repair of electro-mechanical equipment, especially MRI imaging systems. Image assessment for QA activities related to common MRI based hardware or software errors.
- Proven ability to safely lift up to 30 lbs.
- Valid Driver License in good standing, issued by resident state required.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Maintain a valid passport with flexibility fortravel.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.