Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Operate MRI scanner, all RF coils, MRI workstations, laser cameras, film processors, patient monitoring equipment, MR injectors.
2. Prepare magnet room, maintain cleanliness of area.
3. Assist patients in understanding procedures, screen for Biomedical and metallic implants, ask pertinent questions regarding medical history, change patients into dressing gowns.
4. Monitor patients in scan room during examination.
5. Stock supplies and maintain equipment as needed.
6. Assist changing patients into dressing gown
7. Archive, Verify and Film MRI images to hard-copy format as needed
8. Perform proper procedures and protocols for various studies done in the section.
9. Maintains and provides annual registry certification from ARRT, maintain all mandatory in-services and CPR as required by JCAHO.
10. Serve as liaison with referring physicians and patients to assist in scheduling exams; expedite patient studies as needed.
11. Place angiocatheters, inject IV MRI contrast agents as directed by the Radiologist
12. Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
13. Obtain consent forms as needed.
The qualified candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of an approved two year school of Radiologic Technology with certification by ARRT is required within one year of hire date. Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and MRI scanning preferred.
This position includes working Saturday.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.