MRI Technologist - Texas Health Huguley- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location Address: 11801 South Fwy., Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work At Texas Health Huguley, Burleson, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
- Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on the way to Magnet status—2020.
- Amazing medical benefits through Aetna plus an onsite full-service fitness center.
- Growth opportunities designed for each employee.
- Located about 10 minutes from downtown Fort Worth and near TCU in the award-winning school district, Burleson ISD which also provides a low-cost of living.
PRN for M-F 4pm-8pm and as needed for any other shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Assists physicians and performs quality Radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Work is stressful and heavy in nature. Moves Mobile X-ray equipment throughout hospital, lifts, turns and stoops while moving patients.
- Maintains radiation protection standards for patients, employees and self during exposures as outlined in the State of Texas Regulations for Control of Radiation.
- Establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size and labels radiographs correctly.
- Utilizes lead-blockers, aprons, gloves and cones during exposures as evidenced by films and noted by supervisor.
- Administers appropriate diagnostic contrast media as directed, i.e., intravenous, oral, rectal, etc.
- Documents incidents, reactions and/or unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Identifies patient according to name band and verbally verifies name when possible.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- Accepts responsibilities in darkroom, office, distribution and filing of X-ray reports as required by work demand.
- Is active in process improvement for the Radiology Department.
- Properly performs scans in accordance with set procedure guidelines to aid in the patient's diagnosis at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Performs scans in timely manner, display required views, satisfactory positioning (assisting patient as needed) and taking additional views as deemed necessary from viewing routine images.
- Inspects films for satisfactory techniques and labeling prior to releasing patient and turning films in for interpretation.
- Recognizes artifacts as such, with ability to troubleshoot causes as needed and observed by supervisor.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve job-related problems such as equipment malfunctions, alternate patient positioning if needed, additional views and realization of equipment and patient limitations.
- Accepts responsibility for supervision of students as they rotate through assigned area.
- Regularly reviews the requisition received during the shift to schedule properly and most efficiently.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of anatomy and physiology and uses this knowledge.
- Regularly reviews the status of arriving patients to utilize equipment and time to maximum.
- Exhibits flexibility and willingness to make changes to improve quantity and quality of procedures as observed by supervisor.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Must have two-year college Associate Degree or ARRT certified.
- At least one-year experience as a registered ARRT and six months on-the-job MRI experience.
- Must be Registered ARRT technologist.
- Must be TX State licensed.
Employee must have the knowledge and ability to perform all procedures in the MRI Department and general radiological procedures.