Position Goal: Performs exceptional imaging procedures using radiofrequency waves and strong magnetic fields at a high technical level.
- Be able to put patients at ease, keep safety a priority. Keep patients mentally and physically comfortable
- Inject patients with contrast material
- Must be aware of each physician's protocol
- Responsible for keeping the MRI rooms stocked with appropriate materials
- Tech needs to have exceptional knowledge of anatomy
- Operating MRI equipment to produce cross-sectional images of patients body for diagnostic purposes
- Completes appropriate paperwork and computer applications.
- Organize and prepare images/patient history/paperwork for radiologists' interpretation by use of fax and Teleradiology via internet.
- Assures that images meet the established quality standards
- Must have command of PACS and be able to assist other staff members as needed.
- Assist with entering MRI reports into patient's charts.
Experience: Two years acute care MRI required. MRI Tech and CT experience preferred. Must have basic computer skills/administrative skills
Education: High school or equivalent required.Graduate from an accredited institution with a degree or certificate in Radiology required.
Special Qualifications: Must be able to work independently and display excellent interpersonal skills. Must maintain current BLS certification.
The Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, Hughston Medical, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.