Job Code: 5044
The MRI Technologist is responsible for performing complex and technical imaging and general radiology procedures. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The MRI Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Performs all body imaging and diagnostic procedures involved in MRI.
* Assists/Performs in equipment calibration and quality control procedures in a timely manner.
* Positions/Transfers patients in a timely manner maintaining the safety of the patients and their physical requirements.
* Assists the Radiologists with in-depth procedures.
* Explains procedures to patients and answers questions.
* Provides Radiology support in all imaging modalities.
* Administers radiographic contrast in accordance to the request of the physician and the departmental policy and procedure manual.
*Completes initial IV set-up prep for IV insertion for scan procedure including: IV Prep, IV Insertion, and IV Positioning to secure utilization for proper aseptic technique.
Reports to the Lead CT/MRI Technologist, and/or Operations Manager/Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
MRI Technologists functions involve a moderate exposure to hazardous risks , including potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, radiation, electrical equipment, chemicals such as Developer and Fixer, alcohol, Betadine, Clorox, Virex, Floor wax, etc. Potential for bodily injury from needle stick and lifting are possible. Universal safety precautions will be followed at all times. Exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors and assorted chemicals.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
* Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
* Magnetic Resonance Imaging certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required within 12 months of hire
* Current CPR certification required within 90 days of hire
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)