If you want to work where the action is, Truman Medical Centers/University Health (TMC/UH) is the place for you. Known as “Kansas City’s Essential Hospital,” TMC/UH is the safety net healthcare system for Jackson County/Kansas City. We are an academic medical center, serving as the primary teaching institution for the UMKC Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, and Pharmacy.A 547-bed, not-for-profit health system, TMC/UH delivers the highest-quality medical care for our patients, with compassion, empathy, and unparalleled dedication to service. During the 2020 pandemic, we also stepped forward as a regional leader in COVID care and testing. TMC/UH is comprised of three campuses:
TMC/UH Heath Sciences Districtis located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri.The Health Sciences District represents a robust academic community, leading the forefront of biomedical research and cutting edge technology. Partnered with UMKC and Children’s Mercy Hospital, Truman Medical Centers serves as the cornerstone in educating the next generation of healthcare practitioners. As a Level 1 Trauma Center, we’re a leader in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care, with world-class expertise in chronic disease management and women’s services, including high-risk maternity care. The Health Sciences District is also home to the University Health building , TMC’s beautiful specialty outpatient clinics and day-surgery center. We will soon open University Health 2, which will house all of our primary care and women’s care clinics.
TMC/UH Lakewoodis located between Kansas City and Lee’s Summit, Missouri, offering residents of Eastern Jackson County access to a modern community hospital with a continuum of outpatient services designed to meet the needs of families. TMC/UH Lakewood specializes in high-risk maternal and child care, and serves as one of the few Kansas City metro area institutions accredited by The Joint Commission in Orthopedics and Palliative Care.It also is home to a 188-bed, fully accredited long-term care center.
TMC/UH Behavioral Healthis the KC metro area’s largest, most comprehensive provider of mental health services. TheHealing Canvas Building, located in Kansas City’s vibrant Crossroads Arts District, is its epicenter, providing a broad list of outpatient services. We also offer psychiatric inpatient care, and we deliver therapeutic services through our community outreach clinics. We are a leader in the Trauma-Informed Care Movement, and provide training, coaching and consulting to outside organizations.
Provides MRI procedures in both the inpatient and outpatient environment. Provides technical support to Radiologist & residents during advanced imaging studies. Serves as a resource in their specialized field to co-workers.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiology program. Registered in good standing upon hire or within 12 months of the hire date with the ARRT
- MR certified upon hire or must attain the MR certification within 12 months of hire date
- Occasional weekend call from 6:00am-6:00pm on Sat/Sun
- Good leadership ability and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have knowledge of the human development process and ability to work effectively with all patients of all ages
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs to assist and move patients
- Ability to operate a computer and to input and retrieve data
- Must maintain BCLS certification as a condition of continued employment
- Credentialed in MRI with 3-5 years hospital based experience preferred
- Siemens experience preferred