Organization: Adventist Health Bakersfield
Primary Location: United States-California-Bakersfield
Job Posting: Jun 28, 2019, 6:56:05 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a MRI Technologist (PD) who:
Produces images for medical diagnosis by operating magnetic resonance equipment. Performs procedures and calibrates and operates equipment under limited radiologist direction. Processes images and coordinates patient care with other patient services.
- Scans patients in accordance with established protocols and physician orders. Performs MRI diagnostic procedures in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by physicians. Produces images in order to diagnose and monitor a variety of conditions. Uses equipment to direct strong magnetic fields and radio frequencies to create 3D images of a patient's body tissues and capture quality images that describe the composition, shape and pathology of tissues. Summarizes, documents, verifies and presents images, findings, calculations and measurements to physicians for diagnoses. Ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations, standards and protocols.
- Prepares, administers and monitors contrast media. Adheres to precaution standards.
- Obtains pertinent patient information and disseminates subsequent patient preparation instructions to patient care areas.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in radiological technology: Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in radiological technology or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Venipuncture certification: Required
- Fluoroscopy license in state of employment: Preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists; (MR)(ARRT): Required
- Certification of Radiologic Technologists (CRT) from the state of practice: Preferred