We invite you to join the Hudson Valley Radiology Associates team as an MRI Technologist!
Location: Float / Yonkers and Tuckahoe, NY
Schedule: Full-time / Monday through Friday, days
The MRI Technologist is responsible for ensuring each individual's safety in the MR environment before entering the magnetic field. The person in this position responds to patient questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and process, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality regarding personal health information, including but not limited to, patient diagnosis, health history, demographics, and referral information. The MRI Technologist is responsible for all paperwork associated with technical procedures and responds to physician questions and needs regarding patient procedures. Some technologists may work under the direct medical supervision of a physician during certain procedures.
* Produce high quality diagnostic images in a timely manner while providing excellent patient care.
* Administer contrast as needed, in a safe and effective manner.
* Monitor patient's well being during exams; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action.
* Accurately positions patients and coils on the MRI table according to exam protocol.
* Sets appropriate technical parameters, operates MRI scanners and related equipment, reviews computer monitors for image data quality and takes appropriate corrective steps as needed.
* Notates into RIS the referring physician's instructions/diagnosis and relevant patient medical history, and scans appropriate forms as needed.
* Keeps MR exam rooms and dressing booths clean and properly stocked with supplies.
* Administers oral, rectal, and IV contrast as needed, in a safe and effective manner.
* Assists in the education and MRI training of staff and/or externs.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of the position described above
We offer competitive pay and full benefits including: medical / dental / vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, a pre-tax 401k plan, a pre-tax flexible spending plan, education reimbursement, free life insurance, advancement opportunities, hands-on training, inter-company transfer opportunities, and a host of other perks!
* Must have current State License in Diagnostic Radiologic Technology.
* MRI certification (ARRT).
* Must have training and certification in venipuncture for the injection of contrast media via butterfly needle and IV catheter.
* Requires a high school diploma or GED.
* Must have CPR certification.
* Experience with GE and/or Siemens is highly preferred.
* Maintains license and continuing education in accordance with state, federal, and regulatory agencies' rules and regulations.
* Familiarity with and ability to use specialized ancillary equipment.
* Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and appropriate fashion.
* Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and other medical related skills/knowledge.
* Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to interact effectively with doctors, patients, vendors, peers, staff and management.
This position often requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, reaching with hands and arms, using hands and fingers, handling or palpating, speaking, listening, and high-level cognition. Also, must be able to lift over 50 pounds, occasionally. All employees are to assist and participate as members of a lift assistance team (for special accommodation patients or any patient requiring assistance onto a table or equipment placement) to initiate or complete an exam or procedure.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled