The MRST Community Support Specialist provides additional supports to individuals residing in Scattered Site Supportive Housing that are referred to the program based on need. The additional supports provided by the MRST team are to help enable the individual to live successfully independently and decrease hospitalizations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Make visits to assigned individuals.
- Participates with the individual in the development, evaluation, and modification of individual’s service plans.
- Trains and assists individuals in self-administration of medication.
- Assists individuals in improving socialization skills.
- Assists individuals in establishing vocational/educational goals.
- Assists individuals in improving symptom management skills.
- Provides crisis management and case management services. (Includes making collateral contacts.)
- Provides transportation as needed, for shopping, medical appointments, etc.
- Conducts apartment inspections to determine what repairs are needed and reports problems to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinates the admission of individuals into Apartment Program; including screenings, moving meeting and discharge meetings.
- Associate’s degree in a Human Services field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Valid NYS Drivers License and meets the qualifications to be a driver for the agency.