Atlas Executive Consulting, LLC (Atlas) has a fantastic opportunity for a consultant in Chesapeake VA. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual that is a motivated self-starter with attention to detail, who can perform a variety of functions supporting an engineering program office with a focus on developing, managing, and maintaining integrated master schedules.
- Provide project management scheduling support including critical path analysis, analysis of changes to schedule assumptions, variances to the baseline schedule, causes for these variances, potential schedule impacts, and recommended corrective actions to minimize schedule delays.
- Provide high level MS Project tool overview to team members to increase tool understanding and as required.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and other stakeholders to ensure project schedules are complete and support project completion to plan.
- Develop and maintain quality project schedules in alignment with industry best practices.
- Measure and track progress to activities and milestones; communicate progress to leadership and team members.
- Gather project schedule information and data from key project stakeholders.
- Analyze project schedule performance trends by comparing plan against actual and baseline data; provide recommendations and guidance to the Project Manager.
- Attend and participate in project status meetings.
- Maintain project documentation; manage information and data within various software and databases.
- DoD Secret Clearance.
- Recent experience in the design and management of standard integrated master schedule in MS Project 2010/2013 or Milestones Professional; familiarization with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) program and acquisition management processes.
- Intermediate/advanced user of MS Project. Intermediate user of MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with project management procedures, program planning, customer service, and conflict resolution; excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Contract Management experience to include: development of program acquisition documentation, development of testing criteria, development of corrective action systems, development of program monitoring approach (e.g. PERT, CPM, EVM), analysis of program health, data collection and analysis development of cost estimates, and development of program status reports.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Desire to train and collaborate with team members on schedule inputs and tool implementation, recommending process improvements as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, or Business preferred.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Instructions to Apply: Please apply via our online portal. Thank you for your interest!
Atlas, www.atlasexecutive.com, is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business specializing in business management consulting to the Department of Defense and other Federal Agencies. Atlas was recently named one of Consulting Magazines 2017 seven Small Jewels, highlighting the growth and innovation the firm brings to market. In 2016, Atlas was named the #1 best midsize business to work for in San Diego and is considered one of the fastest growing businesses in South Carolina by the SC business news.
Atlas is an EEO/AA/Disability/VETS Employer. Hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Atlas will not make any posting or employment decision that does not comply with applicable laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity, employment eligibility requirements or related matters. Nor will Atlas require, in a posting or otherwise, U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency in the U.S. as a condition of employment except as necessary to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract.