Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide technical support for assigned applications. This position is a remote opportunity!
- Perform application maintenance activities
- Actively work on all aspects of production support.
- Coordinates and communicates with sites to update on any ongoing issues.
- Assist in resolving support calls escalated by the Service Desk
- Identify the common causes of the defects, prioritize them and systematically remove them so that they do not reoccur in further development work
- Work under the direction of the Manager to provide technical application solutions for assigned business areas
- Possess technical knowledge of assigned application technology. (Touchworks EHR, ADM, PACS, PRENATAL, etc..)
- Work with Business Analyst to understand the customer’s product-specific requirements and configuration and translate them to technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded
- Participate in focus groups and workshops, attend vendor training and demonstrations
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs or technical configuration
- Ensure programs meet technical specifications and standards
- Interact with Business and clinical representatives during the software build or configuration and testing process
- Perform technical application configuration and configure /run reports at user request
- Design and execute unit, system and integration test plans for new developments/releases/reports
- Maintain technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned application
- Thoroughly review and test each new release/enhancement through test environments and PROD.
- Review workflows and analyze operations and collaborate with colleagues to ensure intended workflows are appropriate.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to ensure project deadlines are met
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree preferred or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Touchworks DB.
- Self-motivated , detail-orientated and pragmatic; team player who is analytical and solutions focused.
- 5-10 years industry experience preferred
- 5-10 years extensive experience in providing technical support and maintenance in assigned product preferred
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans