Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to take on more complex writing assignments and project management responsibilities. The Technical Writer has an excellent working knowledge of the tools and writing skills needed to develop documentation deliverables. This person has excellent planning skills, leadership skills and manages large and complex projects. This person can identify problems and offer solutions.
- Develops new documentation following applicable standards and maintains existing documentation.
- Understands relevant technologies and delivery mechanisms for various forms of documentation deliverables including installation guides, release notes, web-based documentation and user interface help systems.
- Actively participates in documentation planning processes.
- Performs increasingly more complex peer editing for the team documentation.
- Understands and develops application process workflows beyond documenting features and functions.
- Works diplomatically and effectively with subject matter experts and program and product managers in resolving issues.
- Participates and interacts as a collaborative member in all project team meetings and suggests enhancements.
- Facilitates documentation walkthrough meetings with project team members when needed.
- Understands the overall features of the product and has advanced comprehension of the application(s) to which they are assigned including the relationship to other applications.
- Uses defect tracking to report defects or suggest enhancements to the product.
- Keeps the project managers/development managers informed of progress or is a release coordinator and completes all estimating and scoping worksheets as needed.
- Continues ongoing training in technical communication.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- BAorBS degree preferred in one of the following disciplines: Technical Communication, English, Journalism, Instructional Design and/or other relevant combination of training and experience.
- 2-5 yearsIndustry experience preferred
- 2-5 years experience as technical writing in software development environment preferred
- May require local travel
- May require other travel for business needs
- May require after hours on call support
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts’ policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans