Assists management with the efficient operation of the restaurant/concessions, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Supervises the activities of all associates assigned to floor; ensures that breaks occur in a timely manner
- Trains new and existing associates, under the direction of management
- Handles disciplinary matters and ensures quality employee performance
- Enforces and adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality, accuracy, and timely delivery of food and beverage orders
- Assists associates with service and/or billing issues
- Verifies proper set-up, service, and cleaning of assigned area throughout shift/event
- Visits with guests to ensure satisfaction; promptly communicates any opportunities to management
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with employees, guests, client and the operation, with the assistance of management.
- Performs opening and closing procedures
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
- Verifies all paperwork is complete and turned in at conclusion of shift/event
- Ensures all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dining areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the restaurant; follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations
- Completes daily point-of-sale reports as requested by management
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures; performs inventory counts as requested
- Assists management with the daily cash procedures and operations
- Assists in the timely payment of product invoices.
- Assists in the ordering of bar product, rentals for events, and other products needed for the operation.
- Assists with catered events as directed.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Food & Beverage or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in front-of-house restaurant or foodservice position, in a high volume environment, required
- One year supervisory experience in restaurant or service environment preferred
- Experience in cash handling and credit card processing required
- Previous experience using computerized POS system required; previous experience with Micros POS preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Knowledgeable in the operation of a high volume sit-down restaurant with high service standards.
- Possess basic knowledge of bar operations and standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks, account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written reports
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent alternating between indoor, climate-controlled environment of restaurant and temperature fluctuations of warehouse and kitchen.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.