Performs skilled, specialized work in the conduct of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens for processing to operations such as heating, filtering or titrating. Prepares slides as necessary for microscopic analysis. Observes reactions, color changes, or formation of precipitates; studies slides using microscope, or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment. Typically requires technologist designation by ASCP, AMT, HHS, or ISCLT.
- MT (ASCP) or Equivalent
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology with 3 years of college with courses in Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- 5 --10 years Technical;
- 2-5 years Supervisory
- 1 year Medical Technology internship
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Lotus or Database
- Lab Computer
- Automated Hematology/Chemistry/Coagulation or Microbiology technical skills
- Verbal skills
- Supervisory skills
- Proven management capabilities
- Personnel and financial skills