In this role you will:
- Work on next generation data protection software platform enabling multiple backup partners to provide leading backup features for their customers
- Design and develop the REST API interface and backend data models to facilitate integration with third party backup vendors
- Design and develop a scalable, distributed system for both hybrid and public cloud environments
- Work with Product Management, architects and leads to understand requirements, design and develop software for a converged compute + storage platform for the secondary and tertiary data
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Engage with customers, partners and support to provide world class software and support experience to end customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields with 5 years of relevant industry experience or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with 2 years of experience.
- Love of programming, ability and passion to solve complex problems
- Strong experience in Python, Java and C++
- Strong knowledge of REST API specification and development, including experience interfacing and integrating multiple products using the APIs
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Go Programming Language will be a definite plus
- Experience building distributed, cloud native systems
- Familiarity with concepts of disaster recovery, data protection, distributed data management, clustered, high-performance and fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with Version Control System (git)
- Basic understanding of UNIX/Linux
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.