While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. Founded by Harry H. Hunt III in 1966, HHHunt is a recognized leader in real estate development throughout Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and South Carolina. It's the people of HHHunt who set us apart and make a positive impact every day. Working for HHHunt means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in all that we do, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. It is HHHunt’s mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction. We are looking for a genuine, motivated, and driven Construction Assistant Project Manager to join our team in Garner, NC.
The position of Multi-Family Construction Assistant Project Manager provides assistance to the Project Manager with the oversight and management from pre-bid to close-out to ensure compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the construction industry. Experience in multi-family or senior living construction is preferred.
- Responsible for the solicitation of subcontractors & vendors during the bidding process.
- Prepare subcontract agreements and purchase orders for distribution to subs and vendors.
- Take the lead role in the management of all project related document and schedule control, including RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, etc.
- Manage and coordinate all subcontractors, vendors and design professionals through this process from initiation to completion.
- Responsible for the distribution and filing of all contract documents to ensure that all subcontractors, field management and local municipalities have complete, accurate and approved documentation once all reviews are complete.
- Ensure best practices are being used across all trades during assigned projects.
- Initiate, coordinate and supervise all communications with municipalities to ensure the necessary permits are in place and that all required approved contract documents are received, logged and distributed.
- Responsible for managing weekly schedule updates, preparing scheduling and status reports and communicating all updates/reports to Development staff.
- Attend meetings with the Project Manager and manage the agreed deliverables.
- The Assistant Project Manager shall ensure that quality control standards are being met by physically inspecting the various stages of the project during periodic site visits.
- During their periodic site visits, the Assistant Project Manager shall ensure that all safety policies are being adhered to. In the case of a noticeable safety violation, this person shall have the authority to stop the subcontractor from working, issue written warnings, take corrective action to bring the contractor into compliance and/or remove the violating party from the site.
Responsible for managing all closeout and turn-over procedures. This includes leading the filed management through all aspects of the punch-out process and the turn-over to Property Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of multi-family or senior living construction methods and materials
- Knowledge of industry methods for scheduling, bidding, estimating, contracting, cost reporting, safety, and quality
- Ability to understand the technical aspects of construction
- Knowledge of MS Software applications to include MS Office, Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to be able to effectively communicate with a vast number of people with varying backgrounds
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and individually to solve problems and find appropriate solutions
- Skill in negotiating for quality goods and services at a competitive price and delivered on time
- Capable of building a positive relationship with all project stakeholders.
Travel is required for this position up to 30% and may require overnight travel.
As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, we provide the standard competitive benefits package and we offer flexible work schedules, adoption benefits, HHHunt property rental assistance, home purchase discounts and education assistance-to name just a few.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit www.hhhunt.com and discover for yourself why we believe, it’s how you live that matters.