The East Bay Times with Bay Area News Group, a subsidiary of MediaNews Group, is seeking a Multi Media Sales Representative to join the team! Bay Area News Group is the largest media outlet in the bay area. We have unique access to the Bay Area's highly-engaged, affluent audience in print, mobile, desktop across our many premium owned and operated websites as well as social channels which all leverage our rich 1st party data. Our award winning journalism team produces world class content across our dozens of platforms attracting a wide audience. We continue to provide effective advertising with fully integrated multimedia solutions for our advertisers. We provide online, print, and mobile advertising solutions to businesses on a local, regional, and national level. Bay Area News Group offers the most powerful media buy in America’s 6th largest market.
The Multimedia Sales Representative focuses on selling and growing our print, digital, mobile, and social advertising solutions, with a heavy concentration on print and growing new digital initiatives. Candidates in this position will be responsible for maintaining and growing existing revenue as well as targeting new business on a monthly basis. A successful candidate will establish and maintain long-term relationships with key decision-makers, followed by a proactive approach in anticipating client needs. This position will require you to be highly proficient and professional in presenting to large groups of people and be able to articulate our value proposition effectively.
- Work independently and make sound business decisions related to achieving revenue goals while communicating with your manager each day to discuss strategy, forecasting and other key issues.
- Strategically prospect for new accounts, conduct needs assessments to determine customer needs, generate ideas and proposals, present recommendations, close the sale and set client expectations.
- Analyze clients’ advertising business objectives in order to prepare creative solutions by using all appropriate products and services to fit the advertisers’ budget and campaign goals.
- Own the sales and retention cycle for each campaign working in conjunction with the assigned support and operations teams.
- Meet with individual clients at appropriate frequencies (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) to review schedules, budgets and create new strategies.
- Prepare and develop sales recommendations using our resources by gathering appropriate statistics concerning market share, demographics, market volume and various platform effectiveness.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of product features and benefits, rates, and packages and explain them in a way to match recommendations to customer needs.
- Meet deadlines, create accurate advertising orders, and submit client contracts and complete sales reporting in a timely manner.
- Develop prospective leads using a variety of sources, including digital, radio, TV and direct mail, attend local or category business events for networking opportunities and stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
- 1+ years of retail, service, face-to-face sales experience required.
- Experience in a media-advertising environment preferred.
- Digital Marketing, Social Media and Mobile Advertising familiarity preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with programs that include Facebook, SEO, SEM and Web Advertising is preferred.
- Ability to identify customer needs and effectively match to solutions.
- Must be detail oriented and understand the consultative sales process.
- Strong customer relations, sales and effective communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under the pressure of deadlines and through interruptions is vital.
- Excellent presentation and customer relationship skills.
This position may be permanent remote. This job operates in a professional office environment and at the Company and client sites for business meetings and presentations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 30 pounds.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. #LI-BN1