Southwest Convenience Stores / 7-Eleven, a convenience store chain, is seeking candidates for the position of Food Service Multi-Unit District Manager to oversee its new QSR (Quick Service Restaurant) concept launch and proprietary food programs in West Texas.
In this role, the Food Service (QSR) Multi-Unit District Manager will lead the QSR and deli programs. The District Manager provides direction and consultation to Managers within a geographic area to ensure delivery of superior service and product as well as maximize profits.
As the immediate supervisor of a group of Managers, performs human resources functions to ensure that staff are selected, trained, counseled and rewarded to maintain performance standards. Experience with Subway or other QSR concepts is a positive but is not required.
A successful Food Service Multi-Unit District Manager candidate with have the following experience and abilities:
- Responsible for reviewing the P&L of each restaurant in the division and identifying potential/present problems and locating source of variance in business operations.
- Directs operational and procedural activities for each unit ensuring compliance with standards in the areas of quality, guest service, food cost, labor hours/costs, safety (OSHA), security, cleanliness, product preparation and employee relations and administration. Identifies problem areas and directs the Manager in executing means to improve performance.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local laws and regulations in the areas of health, safety labor and employment, as well as any applicable company policies, guidelines and procedures. Communicates all pertinent information to restaurant personnel.
- Selects, hires, trains and develops Managers and conducts performance reviews, administers salaries and initiates disciplinary action and/or termination. Evaluates performance and approves wage increases for restaurant personnel.
- Directs Managers in the maintenance of restaurant equipment and facility, including: makes independent decisions regarding equipment repair or replacement, contacts approved outside vendors or Maintenance Technicians for repair needs; approves invoices with dollar authority and follows-up on costs and/or questions with vendors; recommends required capital maintenance expenditures; and provides input in the capital budgeting process.
- Reviews administrative tasks including: personnel paperwork (new hire, terminations, leaves of absence, injury, etc.), conducts Manager Orientations, oversees various audits, inventory and ordering of miscellaneous items.
- Directs Managers in planning, coordinating and implementing restaurant marketing activities to promote products and service and to enhance community relations through special promotions, sponsorships, local advertising, etc.
- Investigates, resolves and responds to guest complaints. Performs other related activities in accordance with policies and procedures as assigned by management.
- Ability to develop and instill company directives
- Possess strong compliance with the ability to implement throughout multiple stores
- Strong knowledge of food handling, food safety and compliance with health codes
- Proven record of excellence in delivering the customer experience
- Demonstrated track record in developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term goals that address business challenges and opportunities
- Understanding of the P&L and how to impact the stores, district and company performance
- Demonstrated ability to assess performance using key metrics and ability to quickly identify improvement opportunities, and collaborating across the organization to take the appropriate actions to address these
- Ability to identify and correct opportunities for improvement in food operations
- Implement and create company initiatives
- Drive the execution of succession planning, workforce planning and personnel development initiatives across the stores
- Instill a culture of accountability, improving the customer experience and driving a culture of coaching, engagement and teamwork
- Instill a culture of customer satisfaction/customer experience
- Highly professional and ethical with unquestioned integrity
- Results Orientation: Demonstrates a sense of urgency to overcome obstacles and achieve measurable results. Resourceful and driven. Strong planning, organizing, delegating and decision-making abilities
- Self-Confident; willing to act with appropriate information
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to recruit and attract talent
- Passion for the business and an intense drive to understand the goals, financial targets, deliverables and challenges the business faces to deliver results.
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 + years of Multi-Unit Restaurant Management experience
- Quick Service or Fast Casual Restaurant experience a plus
- Manager ServSafe Certified
- Open availability - evening, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please apply directly at: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=18071&company=Delek&username =
Additional positions available:
Shift Leader - Manager Food Service (QSR):