Maintains, records, and supplies the flow of music from the in–house music archive to the producers for on-air usage, is involved in the input of music cue reporting and coordination of cue sheet tracking, and helps coordinate music shipments in and out of the Bristol Campus.
- Works with others in the Music staff on the implementation of the company’s music procedures and policies as it pertains to ESPN Content.
- Organize and input audio assets and music cue metadata into the cue sheet management system for all ESPN networks.
- Assist in the registration of ESPN owned copyrights and organization of Copyright metadata.
- Management of the storage, organization, update and ingest of digital metadata for tracking and monetization.
- Edits music cuts for thematic, commercial and library music packages, as needed.
- Work with Music Coordinators to organize, compile and deliver series/seasonal music packages for assigned Productions.
- Assists in the preparation, filing, trafficking and organization of music licenses and related music documentation.
- Input song and license fee information for cleared third party songs into departmental database.
- Cue sheet support including, but not limited to, the approval of music cue sheets, facilitation of cue sheets to licensors, compliance reporting for all ESPN networks, delivery of ESPN cue sheets to affiliated networks and/or publishing entities.
- Coordinates updates from production music libraries, tracks usage and liaises with production contacts at the libraries.
- Assists in the procurement and monitors the circulation of physical audio media.
- Maintain the departments Music Resource website.
- Responsible for the organization, up keep and maintenance of the Music Department’s audio equipment.
- Manages the conversion of music from physical CD’s to audio files for storage in digital archives.
- Exhibit the ability to train incoming employees on the department’s basic functions, cue sheet management system and administrative systems currently in use.
- Assists others on the music team with other music-related projects and tasks, as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of clearance requests, reporting, correspondence and licensing agreements, as needed.
- Must be willing to work 2nd shift and Weekends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritize projects based on time & resources available.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills and abilities required.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems require, including proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to operate audio/video equipment and recording equipment, including Cart, ENCO and CD duplication and various digital media software.
- Experience using Adobe Audition audio editing software or similar DAW.
- Experience using WordPress or similar Content Management System.
- Minimum of 2 years of college with some professional experience or understanding related to broadcast, technical operations, library science, or music backgrounds preferred.
- Spanish proficiency.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree