Music Programmer/Producer Job Description
We are looking for a hard-working, innovative music programmer/producer who takes pride in professionalism, is passionate about the process, and has a positive attitude. Music producers can expect to work with multiple teams, musicians and performers from various genres, and a number of digital audio workstations including Propellerhead Reason 11 Music Production DAW. Their responsibilities include coaching artists, rearranging compositions, employing session musicians, and liaising with recording engineers.
Successful music producers should themselves be competent instrumentalists (Knowledge of Piano, Keyboards, Guitar, Drums is a PLUS) and composers or arrangers, entrepreneurial in their approach, and knowledgeable about trends in the market. Ideally, the most suitable candidate will have worked on successful projects, and have a respect for both new and old techniques and technologies.
Music Producer Responsibilities:
- Gathering ideas and inspiration for projects.
- Running recording sessions.
- Rearranging compositions or suggesting changes to lyrics.
- Guiding the mixing, mastering and recording engineers.
- Developing the vision and direction for each project.
Music Producer Requirements:
- Knowledge of industry law and ethics.
- Firm grasp of sound editing techniques.
- 3+ years' experience using digital audio hardware and software.
- Ability to play instruments is a PLUS
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $25.00 - $50.00 per hour