Job Title:Musician � Keyboardist/Organist - Part-Time (Main)
Department: Department of Ministries
Reports To: Campus Music Director
Direct Reports: 0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Director of Ministries
Prepared Date: December 27, 2019
The mission of the Eastern Star Church ministry is evangelism and discipleship. We are committed to the great commission instituted by Jesus Christ that is to nurture and save souls. (Matthew 28:18-20). Everything we have done is to live out this vision that the Lord has given to our church family. From adding ministries to staffing, from building facilities to adding programs, from stewardship to membership, it has all been for the purpose of being obedient to the commission of Christ.
YOUR ROLE IN OUR MISSION
The Musician is a part of the campus music team that helps to usher members into a praise and worship experience through their musical talents as well as enhance the overall ministry of Eastern Star Church.
- Participate in weekly services and rehearsals as designated by the Campus Music Director and/or the Musician�s Schedule, and for special events as requested.
- Master all music for the campus choirs.
- Continual maintenance of and improvement of the necessary musical skills/expertise through a regular schedule of practice and study.
- Assist in the maintenance of the campus music ministry files, library and equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND IDEAL CHARACTERISTICS
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform at Satisfactory.
- Up to one month related experience or training in keyboards/organ.
DESIRED RELATIONAL SKILLS
- A Christian with personal spiritual discipline that is consistent in public and in private.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and/or ambiguous written or oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of, but not limited to, those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit; use hands to reach, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to observe an area that can be seen up or down or to the left or right while eyes are fixed on a given point.