If you are looking for an innovative and sustainable company that is committed to continuous improvement at every level of the company, then Myers Container is the company for you.
We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people bringing skills and passion to a constantly evolving manufacturing and reconditioning environment. We have 7 facilities in Oregon, California, North Carolina, and Ohio that supply new steel drums, reconditioned steel drums, reconditioned IBCs, plastic drums, and recycled plastic. We are a family owned company that takes pride in being the preferred supplier to our customers by providing the best quality, value, and service while leading in sustainability and safety.
Myers Container LLC is currently looking for a Buyer/Planner in City of Industry, CA supporting 5 plants. The Buyer/Planner applies best in class purchasing practices to direct and indirect materials/services and possesses knowledge to ensure products meet quality, delivery, and specification requirements at the best value. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly self-motivated learner willing and eager to take on new challenges in a dynamic and extremely fast-paced environment.
- Manage tactical purchasing requirements, placing orders, expediting etc. direct and indirect materials & services
- Input and maintain pricing & inventory within an ERP system, as well as organize documentation from suppliers
- Work with operations/production managers, suppliers, and accounts payable department to investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Run quantity discrepancy reports on a regular basis and work with production facilities and suppliers to resolve differences.
- Create and maintain purchasing information records in support of the purchasing department
- Issue Corrective Actions to suppliers when necessary
- Conduct cycle counts and yearly inventory
- National travel 25%
- Degree or Technical/Business Certificate required (7 years' equivalent experience in purchasing is also acceptable)
- 3-5 years tactical buying experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Prior experience with an ERP and MRP system (i.e., Dynamics, SAP, Epicor a plus)
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point)
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to handle multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional role
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Experience in the chemical or packaging industry
- Management Experience
- Fluent in English and Spanish