LocationsFour Oaks, North Carolina
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Job Description SummaryThis position manages, coordinates and influences operations across ALL Distribution Centers in North America to achieve targeted levels of customer service, drive projects that lead to efficiencies in distribution, actively engage in strategic efforts with business units and suppliers to create a world-class supply chain network for Becton Dickinson & Company that has a favorable impact on costs as a percentage of revenue. This position is responsible for working with DC Site Leads, cross functional NA and Global teams (most are based in Franklin
Lakes), business units, transportation, customer service to drive best-in-class practice and innovation, while engaging a team of engineers and/or analysts who can develop solutions and operational metrics that improve and track the overall effectiveness and health of the North America Distribution Network.
- Provide daily analytic support and ad hoc reporting for Inbound and Outbound Activities across theNetwork. Collaborate with internal (BD business units) and external customers (Distributors & Direct Customers) on day-to-day issues and future key strategies that best leverages the capabilities ofthe NA Distribution network to better meet customers’ needs.
- Ensure product configuration complies with distribution and transportation standards to promote efficiencies throughout the supply chain. Ensure facility layouts and equipment specifications meet storage and operating requirements across the DCs. Work with partners in corporate Quality to ensure DCs are meeting regulatory and business quality requirements.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of fiscal year operating budgets for NA Distribution by reviewing historical costs, volume projections, staffing requirements, productivity rates and facility expenses. Partner with Site Leads, Corporate Finance, other organizations and work through issues collaboratively.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives as it relates to warehouse operations at each site. Manage outside vendors, consultants and contractors as needed. Manage maintenance and MHE replacement strategy for across the network. Track and manage capital requirements across all the DCs (including Covington, El Paso and Canada)
- Assure all key Distribution operational performance metrics/productivity metrics are achieved across the network. Develop and manage daily, weekly, monthly scorecards and dashboard metrics. Complete proactive analytics and make process recommendations to mitigate operational issues. Identify root cause and recommended course of action.
- Act as Franklin Lakes-based liaison to other supply chain functions and to business units who are also based in Franklin Lakes
Scope of Responsibility:
This is an analyst position within NA distribution that will directly influence teams across 6 major DC locations: Redlands, Plainfield, Four Oaks, Covington, Sparks & Mill Creek (Canada), and 2 smaller sites (El Paso and Louisville) to drive strategies that will enable the achievement of NA Distribution’s key driver goals and the
reduction of costs as a percent of revenue. The position deals with one of the largest spend areas in supply chain, thus it is integral to the success of company operations.
Examples are the following:
- Drive operational success particularly during critical quarter and year end milestones to ensure BD meets its revenue goals
- Influence and support continuous cost improvement projects that will drive favorable financial results that drive income accretion within the respective business unit
- Reduce customer complaints by ensuring that the correct product is picked and shipped on time to impact company line fill rate and reduce claims.
- By being based in Franklin Lakes, able to address day-to-day operational issues brought forth by other Franklin Lakes-based Supply Chain functions and Business Unit Leads
Sphere of Influence:
- Position must possess ability to work in a Matrix organization, but still be able to operate independently with very high degree of accuracy and work with a large degree of autonomy requiring minimal oversight by immediate supervisor.
- There will be heavy interaction with cross functional organizations in NA and Global Teams, Corporate Business Units and BD DC Operations
- Position will have the skills to validate data and assumptions across supply chain functions, along with the capability to provide intelligent direction to the Supply Chain Leadership Team
- Position will collaborate with business units to ensure product configuration complies with distribution standards that promote efficiencies across distribution and transportation.
Degree of Accountability:
- Accountable for ensuring that the DCs performs operationally and financially by supporting the Associate Director managing the entire North American network. Provide leadership and project management support for key network-related projects impacting MHE, Conveyor Systems, Voicedirected picking and Labor Management.
- Responsible for tracking the performance of all sites, achieving monthly budgets, and driving year on year continuous improvement.
- This position should drive consistent external customer satisfaction by ensuring DCs are systematically able to fill orders on time and with the correct quantity of damage-free product, thus driving revenue.
- This position involves collaborating with Finance Teams to ensure DC operations continue to systematically perform at peak levels with lowest costs.
- Financial Impact: $17 billion revenue; $120 mm Distribution Spend
- Budget Responsibility: Project based – Currently managing a FY20 CAPEX spend of $30mm
- Travel to responsible locations approximately 12 weeks per year.The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to episodes of walking, talking, hearing, and sitting, use of hands to type and repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Direct knowledge of Distribution Operations
- Strong/Leading knowledge of WMS, Voice, Conveyor, LMS systems
- Expert working knowledge of MS Access, MS Excel, MS Project, VisioSAP process knowledge
- Project Management and Continuous Improvement
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and complete various tasks to accomplish individual and departmental goals.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence associates in order to govern and maintain process control.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the skill sets to effectively map cross functional processes, use various systems and databases, and organize data to be utilized in further analysis
- Collaborative approach at all levels to issue resolution and opportunity identification
- Ability to quickly understand and analyze data
- Excellent analytical, leadership and communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field)
- Certifications (if applicable)
Experience (indicate the number of years) )
- 3+ years of experience in relevant field(s): Warehousing, Quality and/or Supply Chain
- Detailed involvement/understanding of Warehousing Relationship management, customer facing experience
This position is a permanent assignment which will include benefits such as (medical, health, dental, 401k). Eligibility for these benefits will be based on the eligibility requirements as determined by the BD Total Rewards
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.