Remedy is working on a very unique and exciting opportunity for a talented Nail Technician looking to take their career to the next level! Our client is seeking an experienced customer service-oriented professional to join our fun and energetic team as a Nail Tech to educate new students at the academy. They are looking for someone who exhibits a keen sense of student need and possesses a strong mentoring acumen. Here are the details:
Hours: Varies depending on class schedules but typically consists of 3 evenings working 5pm - 9:30pm and every other Saturday from 8:30pm - 5:30pm.
- Exciting, high energy environment!
- Paid time off
- Discounts on products and services
- Free education to employees
- Health insurance and a 401(k).
Responsibilities for this Nail Technician include:
- Ensures students at the academy progress in both theory and practical beauty industry skills.
- Preparation of lesson plans for classroom and student salon training area instruction that are aligned with education requirements for practitioners in the salon industry
- Instructing students in the classroom and in the student salon training area in line with developed lesson plans
- Mentoring and coaching students on techniques of care and on key competencies for career success such as
- Client relations and
- Providing education Client advisement on options
- Maintaining a positive and inspiration education environment
- Assessing student progress and providing support
- Monitoring student attendance and grades on a daily and weekly basis
- Conducting follow up and mentoring upon identification of areas of concern
- Advising students on their progress relative to success
- Demonstrating sensitivity for student concerns and ensuring students are involved and progressing in their education
Additionally, the Educator ensures they maintain up to date knowledge in the field by attending required training and other educational events
Successful candidates will possess:
- 2 or more years of experience as a service provider in the beauty industry
- Certified Educator Permit preferred, but will work with top candidates on completion of the permit and a full teaching license full certification within 4 years as required
- Must have an inspiring, creative, supportive, and impartial approach to instructing and mentoring
- Must work well under pressure and adapt well to individual needs and communication styles
- Schedule flexibility is necessary
This excellent organization offers beauty school programs in a socially safe environment, designed to train students for much more than passing the state boards. They develop the entire salon professional with great technical ability, business & marketing training, and the guest handling skills that are in high demand by top salons and spas. If you're looking for an exciting new way to share your skills and mentor nail technician students, apply today for immediate consideration!