Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:We are looking for a highly motivated Nail Technician to join the team at Stonewall Resort to perform manicures, pedicures, artificial nail techniques and hand and foot treatments on the guests.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf – or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- Ability to give meticulous manicure, pedicure, artificial nail application and hand/foot treatments.
- Consult with the guest to ensure expectations are met for a pleasurable visit, may include site tour.
- Cross-trained to perform all services within a unisex salon operation such as, make-up applications, facial/skin care and waxing as determined by license and certification.
- Prepare nail care equipment, sanitize instruments, treatment areas and supplies daily, and complete all tasks necessary for opening and closing shifts.
- On-time attendance is necessary, and uninterrupted work is expected.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and lift 15 pounds.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the salon area, and rest of the Spa area as needed.
- Maintain consistent stock of supplies throughout entire Spa.
- Attend product knowledge training as required.
- Keep current and up to date knowledge of changing trends and developments in the department.
- Assist the Fitness center when requested.
- Respond to any special projects requested by the Spa Leadership.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Current license, manicurist or cosmetologist as required by the State.
- One-year previous experience.
- CPR certification preferred.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
Occasional Standing, Walking, Bending Over, Crouching, Gross Motor Skills, Far Vision & Hearing. Frequent Lifting up to 50 lbs. Reaching, Manual Dexterity, Near Vision and Color Recognition. Constant Sitting
Environmental Factors include
Working; Inside, Closely with others, Noise/Vibrations, Excessive Humidity and Dampness, with Chemicals/Detergents/Cleaners and Working Around Fumes/Smoke/Gas.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.