At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Job Title: Narrow Aisle
Department: Shipping/Receiving – Richwood
Reports To: Shipping Supervisor
Responsible for operating narrow aisle lift truck, ensuring that product and supplies are transported properly and according to specifications. Must operate forklift in a manner that meets all safety standards.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Complete pre-shift OSHA inspection and related paperwork on forklift truck; clean truck as outlined in procedure.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Operate lift in a safe and efficient manner, following all applicable procedures and rules.
- Report any mechanical problems with forklift so they can be repaired.
- Put away finished products from wrapper to rack locations and/or staging lanes.
- Store wrapped goods in appropriate areas of warehouse.
- Pull finished products from rack locations to staging lanes.
- Perform cycle counts of rack locations as needed.
- Pull and put away pallets requiring rework or quality checks.
- Achieve/maintain PPH (pallets per hour) requirement upon completion of training.
- Keep accurate records of finished goods in inventory.
- Take cartons and pallets to production area when needed.
- Bring special delivery shipments from production floor to shipping department for daily shipping.
- Minimize waste of finished product.
- Know and understand fire prevention policies and procedures.
- Meet/achieve shipping goals set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- One to three years of experience driving a forklift is necessary
- Must be able to pass forklift training
- Must be able to operate motorized vehicle and possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Lifting; a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Carrying; a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Reaching above shoulders
- Use of fingers
- Bending; 4 hours
- Operation of forklift narrow aisle or other vehicle
- Visual ability
- Depth perception
- Hearing ability
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org
Yard Truck Driver