Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Based out of our corporate office in Plymouth, MI, the National Account Manager is responsible for managing large existing account(s) while obtaining new sales growth with these customers.
- Responsible for existing accounts
- Create, meet, and exceed the annual sales budget each year
- Prospect new sales opportunities to increase growth within the customer
- Sell and learn Plastipak’s consumer category segments: Food, Consumer Cleaning, Industrial, Water/Carbonated Soft Drinks, and Specialty Items (PET Aerosols)
- Learn and understand Plastipak’s transformational technologies and be able to communicate those effectively to direct reports and customers
- Document call reports, leads and opportunities, opportunities that are won and lost, competitive threats, etc. by using Plastipak’s system, C4C
- Understand RFQ, financial statements, and Capex for investments
- Work with several Plastipak departments, including Product Supply, R/D, Quality, Cost & Budget, Operations, Sales & Marketing, etc.
- Work with the Category Managers to set sales strategies and growth goals that support the company goals, measures, and vision (BPM)
- Responsible for managing existing and new customer contracts during the negotiation period
- Manage slow moving inventory, accruals, rebates, and amortizations agreements
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with key individuals at the customers this individual is responsible for
- Support the concept-to-market process by working closely with the APT Group & the VP of Business Development to foster new innovations based on customer input and observations
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships with the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Packaging Engineering, Sales/Marketing, or Business degrees are preferred. Master’s Degree in Business is desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of sales experience - Consumer goods packaging background is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and effective use of computer software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizing skills
- Self-starter with good time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- Experience with professionally interacting with customers
- Ability to communicate and present across various levels (internal and external) up to executive leadership
- Strong engineering skill base desired
- Must be able to travel 40%-50% out of state
- Above average technical aptitude with the ability to interact with a diverse customer base
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program