Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 3759
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Accounting/Audit/Finance
Work Location : Davidson, NC (CSC)
State or Province : North Carolina (US-NC)
Potential Work Location : United States : North Carolina : Davidson
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Credit Manager – National Accounts will be responsible for credit management of national accounts as well as parts, or all, of any acquired company’s portfolios. Responsible for all aspects of credit management including credit line reviews, financial analysis, bad debt review, collections, reconciliation efforts, and associate management. Additional responsibilities will include participating in cross functional teams, partnering with sales to service customers, and aligning objectives with the sales management team.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages national account portfolio (as well as portfolios for acquired companies), to ensure the most effective management of Aging of Receivables, DSO and Bad Debt.
- Reports to management key financial monthly results and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports related to national account performance and metrics
- Thorough understanding of EDI processes (invoicing and payment) and payment methods such as ERS, ACH, wire etc.
- Familiarity with portal/third party billing vehicles such as Ariba, Taulia, Coupa or equivalent and customer specific portal requirements
- Understanding and resolution of A/R including cash application, deductions, short pays and the related impact on overall customer receivable
- Identify and provide recommendations to address root cause issues through collaboration with MSC teams
- Monitor and focus on improving DSO and quality of receivable
- Manage/ approve bad debt and sales adjustments for national account team
- Participate in audits as needed
- Analyzes trends, quantifies cost/benefits, calculates ROI, and implements necessary policy changes.
- Participates in cross functional team responsible for integrating acquired companies.
- Visits customer sites and MSC Branch locations.
- Negotiates payments terms, payout arrangements, and monitors delinquent accounts.
- Manages complex and high volume related Credit and Collections portfolio to ensure efficient operations and the highest level of customer service.
- Approves credit lines up to $350K and provides risk management support on assigned customer base.
- Acts as operational accounting liaison with the MSC Sales Organization to ensure continuous support in managing their day-to-day responsibility.
- Manages a portfolio of at least $225 million to ensure the highest level of customer service, while focusing on collections.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of MSC Manager including hiring, terminations, performance reviews, training, and development of associates.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business; or equivalent related business experience is required.
- Minimum five years of experience in Credit.
- Familiarity and an understanding of financial documents and assigning credit lines to required level is required.
- Minimum five years of experience in managing associates in Credit or Collections is required.
- Must have experience in establishing specific targeted goals, related to DSO, Aging and Bad Debt.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP systems (preferred).
- In depth knowledge of 3rd party collection processes.
- Understanding of company financials (preferred).
- Manage groups of at least 8-10 associates.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience travelling to visit customers and dealing with Sales and Finance issues during those visits.
- Ability it to manage high transaction volume and A/R balances in excess of $1MM to $10MM
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 15% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.