The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Management of installations utilizing installers, installation support staff and installation subcontractors. This includes but is not limited to Commercial Burglar alarm, CCTV, Access Control, and Fire Alarm systems for specified customers across the customer’s entire area of operations. Manages the execution and implementation of divisional or corporate operation strategies to ensure target levels of production. Will manage the process(s), reporting, and resolution of escalated issues to ensure customer satisfaction in accordance with company performance standards. Extensive travel including but not limited to both vehicle and air transportation are a requirement of this position.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, the Installation Supervisor may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with sales jobs walks and design support as needed Understand the sales process from beginning to end including sales central and contract entry
- Manages installer staffing with necessary certifications and training to install those products sold by the company.
- Insures the highest levels of customer satisfaction based on the performance of installation department.
- Directs the commercial and installation workforce to meet customer demands, customer schedules and company standards on backlog turns.
- Maintains high installation quality of service quality by managing the installations to company and manufacturer installation standards
- Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all Protection One policies and procedures.
- Maintain an on-going library of all Protection One policies, procedures, and technical manuals.
- Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor (Billing Reports, Data Entry Information, Time Cards, etc.)
- Attend classroom and field training as required.
- Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
- Maintain a good driving record
- Submit accurate and timely documentation (Billing Reports, Data Entry Information, Time Cards, etc.)
- Maintain the appropriate truck stock supplies/tools/equipment for technicians
- Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools for self and installers necessary to perform required duties.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repair of advanced installations using test equipment and PC's.
- Direct daily work assignment of others on projects assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all local codes and manufacturer specification.
- Supervise installers and subcontractors.
- Prepares and delivers performance reviews.
- Insure installations are completed within the proper amount of time and within budget.
- Schedule and coordinate material and labor for installations.
- Assist with design stage of difficult installations.
- Supervise multiple installation projects simultaneously.
- Make recommendations on hiring and terminating employees.
- Must have working knowledge of local and national codes including NFPA and NEC.
- Must have working knowledge of Commercial alarm systems including basic knowledge of
- Commercial Fire Systems, CCTV, intercom, and Card Access Systems.
- Must be able to perform commercial system design.
- This job involves driving a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
- This job supervises commercial installers and subcontractors.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Direct workflow and assign action items to representatives
- Knowledge of and a proficiency in using Computer and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), and Internet, Mastermind, Sales Central, Lawson.
- Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Must have leadership skills to direct labor resources including Level I, II, and III installers and subcontractors.
- Must have organizational skills to take a project from the design stage and see it through to completion.
- Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
- Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have organizational ability to manage multiple projects.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and twist; use hands to handle, push, pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to three years experience in the Security industry and two to three years supervisory or managerial experience.
- Associates degree from a college or university preferred and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High degree of knowledge of standards/practices and panels commonly used in the alarm industry.
- PC management experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Appropriate local/state licensing as required.
- NICET Level II or equivalent certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com