Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
National Audit Practice – Risk Intelligence Analyst – Senior Associate
Grant Thornton, LLP is excited to welcome a Risk Intelligence Analyst to join our Audit Strategy and Innovation team! As a Risk Intelligence Analyst, you will be using our tools and your curiosity to drive revenue growth and quality. This role includes running data for lead prospecting, updating the benchmarking tools (which include a random forest machine learning component), and supporting the risk profiling program for the audit practice. In this role, you will assist in responding to various ad-hoc research and analysis requests. This necessitates strong analytic skills, and the communication skills to help our internal clients understand the information that we are providing and how to best use it in their situation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sourcing information on the risk about our clients to assist leadership in allocating resources
· Transforming processes to support efficient periodic reporting
· Scaling up analytic tools for broader use including: embedded lease search, benchmarking tools, and linguistic analysis of earnings calls
· Executing data stewardship and quality control processes
· Other duties as assigned
· 0-2 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting required with additional degrees in Information Technology preferred
· Analytic mindset, curious, independent, works well on a team
· Passion to deploy technology to serve team needs
· Proficient in programming languages such as SQL, VBA, and Python
· Knowledge of robotic process automation tools
· Experience with data analysis, analytic reporting and visualizations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to define technical specifications based on audit team meetings on innovation requirements
· Travel percentage: around 10-15%
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.